||[Nov. 6th, 2008|08:15 am]
My life is boring now. I've been working 9 or 10 hours a day most days for about the past month, and I'm just completely mentally exhausted. When I get home, I don't really feel like doing anything. I mostly just sit on my couch and watch TV and drink and watch my home get dirtier.
Less depressing stuff!
- My family made our annual batch of wine a couple weeks back, and it should be ready just before or just after Christmas. I'm excited because we made a Cabernet this year, rather than what we usually do (throw a bunch of different grapes in and see what happens).
- I saw The Who in concert. They're definitely in their autumn years, but they were still pretty good. Overall, an enjoyable concert.
- I met Chris Onstad at a book signing in Toronto. He's a pretty great guy, and despite the nerdyness of a comic book signing, I'm glad I went.
- In three weeks, I'm going for a wine tasting weekend up north with Willow. I'm really looking forward to it!
- The US elected a black man president... What's up with that?
For fans of all forms of punk rock: You owe it to yourself to check out Inquisition's Revolution... I think it's called Inspiration. It's easily in the top five punk albums I've ever heard.
For fans of soul/folk type music: Go listen to Adele. I highly recommend the album 19.
The Vinyl Collective is releasing a bunch of 7"s of covers. You can listen to some here. I highly recommend Mustard Plug's "Waiting Room" and Look Mexico's "Brandy, You're A Fine Girl."
Speaking of vinyl, I've been spending too much money buying it again. I recently got the following records:
- Up On Cripple Creek b/w The Weight (The Band, 7")
- Body Movin' Single (Beastie Boys, 12")
- Louie Louie b/w Damaged I (Black Flag, 7")
- Six Pack EP (Black Flag, 10")
- Too Fast to Live, Too Young to Die b/w For the Love of Ivy (Black Lungs, 7")
I just noticed that all of those bands start with the letter B, weird...
Anyway, I'm off to work!